- We do not publish your email address on the web site;
- You have complete control over any emails that Brand You development sends you;
- We do not share your details with any other company for marketing purposes.
The policy below explains in detail how we manage your personal information.
What personal data we collect
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Brand You Development, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, sending messages or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report an issue or concern in connection with your use of Brand You Development or we have received a complaint or query about you;
- Details of transactions you carry out with Brand You Development
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site;
- Details of your visits to Brand You Development including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Details of the messages you send and receive using our messaging service. We may (but are not obliged to) view the contents of any message whether or not you have viewed its contents. Messages are not private and are not confidential.
Other information we collect
Social buttons. On our Brand You Development site, you will see ‘social buttons’. These are for users to share or bookmark our web pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook ‘Like’, and LinkedIn ‘Share’. In order to use these buttons and connect them to relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of Brand You Development. You need to be aware that these sites are collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on Brand You Development’s site. When you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering your action and may use this information. In some cases, they will register that you have visited our site and the specific pages you were on, even if you did not click on any button when you logged into our services, like Google and Facebook. You can check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how they use your information and to find out how to opt out or delete such information. This is a choice you need to be aware of and exercise.
External web services. Cookie and data collection issues arise on external sites which need to be addressed. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
Email tracking. Some emails that we send will have no tracking. For example, personal correspondence or emails with invoices attached as a case in point. Other emails we send, we insert tracking so that we can tell how much further traffic those emails send to our site and we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We use the latter information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them. Sometimes we do use the personal information e.g. to resend emails to people who weren’t able to read it the first time. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked, you can unsubscribe from our Brand You Development Newsletter.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other website(s). Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfill your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfill your membership).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
When communicating with our customers , depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email or text. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting www.brandyoudevelopment.com, clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe, please note that we may still contact you with promotional marketing messages from time to time.
You may also see ads for our Site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity and enable us to serve advertising to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the Site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Brand You Development works with trusted third parties to help promote your adverts. By uploading an advert to Brand You Development, you consent to sharing your information with our trusted partners.
Storage and Retention
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
This Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our Site.
Brand You Development may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Like any other website, Principle uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information
We collect information about our customers via server logs, cookies, order forms and competitions. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. None of our cookies store any credit/debit card information nor password details.
Cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Cookies on the Brand You Development site
Session cookies – have a specific use involving remembering your logins as per example, a Client Area on a website. More can be learnt here about session cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Google Analytics – in order to improve the user experience on our Brand You Development site we use Google Analytics. All your user data is completely anonymous More can be learnt here stating Google’s position on privacy as regards to its analytics service at:
Google AdWords: The Google AdWords code enables all to see which pages produce lead to contact form submissions. Thus, allowing us to make better use of our paid search budget.
Facebook Advertising: With Facebook advertising, we use conversion tracking and re-targeting pixels, which enable us to collect or receive information from our website and elsewhere on the internet and use this information for measurement services and target advertising.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Your website browser will allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To learn more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org