Brand You Development is mandated under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and adheres to its laws by utilising and safeguarding your information and will not use it for any purpose without your permission.
Brand You Development is best practice compliant and guarantees that your privacy is protected. Should we need you to dispense specific information by which you can be recognised upon use of our website; you can be assured that this information will only be used in a manner conforming to the requirements of this data protection and privacy declaration.
The information that we may gather and may require you to provide is:
- Name and Occupation
- Contact Details and email address
- Demographics such as age, gender, interests and preferences
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Brand You Development, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, sending messages or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report an issue or concern in connection with your use of Brand You Development or we have received a complaint or query about you;
- Details of transactions you carry out with Brand You Development
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media)
- Information collected automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site
- Details of your visits to Brand You Development including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- Details of the messages you send and receive using our messaging service. We may (but are not obliged to) view the contents of any message whether or not you have viewed its contents. Messages are not private and are not confidential.
- Other information related to customer services, offers and surveys
How we utilise the information that we gather:
To ensure that we provide you with better services and understand your needs, we use them in the following areas:
• For internal record keeping.
- To improve our services.
- For promotional emails about our new services, testimonials, special offers or other information that we think you may find of value by sending them to the email address you have given.Security
Brand You Development is determined in ensuring that your information is secured. We have put up a system that will prevent unauthorised access or disclosure to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the per-missions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include
- To fulfill your order and maintain your online account
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team
- To personalise the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfill your membership).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view
When communicating with our customers, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email or text. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us, clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe, please note that we may still contact you with promotional marketing messages from time to time.
You may also see ads for our Site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity and enable us to serve advertising to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users’ who match the demographic profile of our customers.
In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites. Who do we share this personal data with? We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the Site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permit-ted to do so.
Brand You Development works with trusted third parties to help promote your adverts. By uploading an advert to Brand You Development, you consent to sharing your information with our trusted partners
We compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Session cookies – have a specific use involving remembering your logins as per example, a Client Area on a website. More can be learnt here about session cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Google Analytics – in order to improve the user experience on our Brand You Development site we use Google Analytics. All your user data is completely anonymous.More can be learnt here stating Google’s position on privacy as regards to its analytics service at:
Google AdWords- the Google AdWords code enables all to see which pages produce lead to contact form submissions. Thus, allowing us to make better use of our paid search budget.
Facebook Advertising- with Facebook advertising, we use conversion tracking and re-targeting pixels, which enable us to collect or receive information from our website and elsewhere on the internet and use this information for measurement services and target advertising.
Other information we collect
Social buttons. On our Brand You Development site, you will see ‘social buttons’. These are for users to share or bookmark our web pages. There are buttons for: Facebook ‘Like’, Instagram ‘Like’ and LinkedIn ‘Share’. In order to use these buttons and connect them to relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of Brand You Development. You need to be aware that these sites are collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on Brand You Development site. When you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering your action and may use this information. In some cases, they will register that you have visited our site and the specific pages you were on, even if you did not click on any button when you logged into our services, like Google and Facebook. You can check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how they use your information and to find out how to opt out or delete such information. This is a choice you need to be aware of and exercise.
External Web Services. We use a number of external web services on our website. Brand You Development mostly displays content within our web pages. Cookie issues and data collection issues arise on external sites which need to be addressed. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
Email Tracking. Some emails that we send will have no tracking. For example, personal correspondence or emails with invoices attached as a case in point. Other emails we send, we insert tracking so that we can tell how much further traffic those emails send to our site and we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We rarely use the latter information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them. Sometimes we do use the personal information e.g. to resend emails to people who weren’t able to read it the first time. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked, you can unsubscribe from our Brand You Development Newsletter.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Third Party Links
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
The service on our site is given for general information only, and does not constitute professional advice, or any contractual obligations whatsoever. You should take specific advice before taking a course of action as we do not accept directly or indirectly any responsibility for loss arising directly or indirectly from dependence of trust on information on our site.
Given that the Internet uses an open system, we cannot guarantee that the site and downloads reach you virus-free. You must, therefore, take all appropriate precautions to avoid risks of dangers that can damage your safety and privacy.